Lo-Mein Noodle & Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- A few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 (5.6 oz) packages refrigerated Yaki Soba noodles (found in the refrigerated section of grocery store) – Spaghetti works fine too
- 2/3 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, chopped (regular or Napa)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Optional: Add protein. For beef or chicken, slice thinly (if you freeze the protein for about 30 minutes before you slice, it is much easier to slice it thinly.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and black pepper. Set aside.
- Remove Yaki Soba from packages. Discard any flavor packets it may contain. Rinse the noodles, drain, separate the noodles, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Cook the protein and place into the serving dish.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet. Add celery, and onion and sauté for a few minutes until onions soften.
- Add cabbage and saute an additional minute.
- Add the noodles and soy sauce mixture to the vegetables and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until noodles are heated through.
- Add the protein during the last minute of cooking to heat through.