- 2.5 oz Parmesan or pecorino (or combo of both)
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or toasted pine nuts (or combo of both)
- 1 large clove garlic
- *kosher salt (if needed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2.5 oz fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz fresh *spinach leaves (if needed)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and run until smooth.
- *Taste for salt and check for bitterness. If it needs salt, start with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. If it tastes bitter, add 1 ounce of spinach (unlike basil, spinach is not bitter).