Oven fries are my kids’ favorite vegetable to have with dinner. Potatoes (with skin) are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, B6, magnesium, fiber and even protein!
Recipe by Emeril Lagasse.
- 4 large Idaho potatoes (2.5-3 lbs) or Sweet Potatoes or combination of both.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons of seasoning (I like to use Lawry’s, garlic powder, lemon pepper, nutritional yeast, paprika, parmesan)
- Make sure the oven rack is in the lowest position and preheat the oven to 450?F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or Spray with cooking spray.
- Scrub the potatoes under running water with a vegetable brush. Pat dry. Place a potato on the cutting board and cut it in half lengthwise. Place one potato half, flat side down, on the cutting board and cut each half into eighths lengthwise, so there are 8 long pieces, each about 1/4 inch at the widest part. Repeat with the other potato half and the remaining potatoes. (Each potato should yield 16 wedge-shaped slices.)
- Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and toss with the remaining ingredients
- Arrange the potatoes in one layer on the baking sheets.
- Place the sheets in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Flip and return to oven for another 10-15 minutes.