- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine the milk and oats and allow to soak for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- After oats have soaked, mix in the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and melted butter. Mix well. The batter should be thick but pourable. If it seems too thick add a little extra milk.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Pour 1/3 cup batter and help to spread it out. Cook until bubbles appear on the top. Flip and cook the other side until golden. These pancakes tend to brown quickly so adjust the heat if they seem to be browning too quickly. Sometimes I cover the pan if the interior of the pancake is not cooking fast enough.
- Serve immediately.