Recipe from Betty Crocker.
This also makes a great filling for burritos or tacos.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, brown meat until no longer pink. Drain fat, if necessary.. Add taco seasoning, water, salsa and beans. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the tortilla strips and then top with cheese. Remove skillet from heat and let cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.