Adapted from Kitchen Sanctuary
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 sugar snap peas/snow peas, roughly chopped
- 1 packed cup grated cheddar cheese (or mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. pan and
- Add onions and cook until translucent, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt, and pepper; cook for 3 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, and red peppers; stir.
- Add pasta, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, crushed tomatoes, stock, and milk; stir, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover pan and simmer for 12-15 minutes (checking occasionally) until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the chopped sugar snap peas, then sprinkle the pasta with cheese; place and under broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.