Adapted from Kitchen Sanctuary.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 packed cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 cups uncooked fusilli pasta
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add in the onions. Cook for 3 minutes on a medium-to-high heat until they start to turn translucent.
- Add in the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until the chicken is sealed (it won’t be cooked in the middle at this point).
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, and red peppers. Stir and then add the pasta.
- Stir in the oregano, Worcestershire sauce, crushed tomatoes, stock and milk. Stir and bring to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes (checking occasionally) until the pasta is cooked.
- Sprinkle the pasta with cheese and put it under the grill/broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.