Adapted from Kitchen Sanctuary.
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1/2 large onion peeled and chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 packed cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 cups fusilli pasta
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and add in the onions. Cook for 3 minutes on a medium-to-high heat until they start to turn translucent. Add in the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes until the chicken is sealed (it won’t be cooked in the middle at this point).
- Add in the garlic, tomato puree and red peppers. Stir, then add in the pasta. Now add in the oregano, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, stock and milk. Stir and bring to the boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid or some foil and simmer for 12-15 minutes (checking occasionally) until the pasta is cooked.
- Sprinkle the pasta with cheese and put it under the grill/broiler for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.