Perfect, Foolproof White Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter (optional)
- 1 cup long grain or short grain white Jasmine rice, thoroughly rinsed
- 1.5 cups water for long grain rice or 1 1/4 cup water for short grain rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter/oil, if using in a pot over medium heat.
- Add rice and sauté until fragrant.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 minute for long grain and 20 minutes for short grain (don’t open lid).
- Remove from heat and allow to rest, covered, for 10 minutes.