This is a quick way to get flavorful broccoli on the table. The same technique can be used with water alone.
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Broccoli florets or large head of broccoli (1½ pounds) cut into florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I like to use 1 tsp Better than Boullion with water)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Add olive oil to a large deep skillet that has a lid. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and broccoli; cover and cook over a high heat for exactly 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Do not remove the lid during cooking. When the broccoli is done, it will be cooked to crisp-tender. If you prefer it a bit softer, remove it from the heat and allow it to sit, covered, for another minute or two.
- Squeeze lemon juice over and serve.