Adapted from aseasyasapplepie.com
- 1 (28 oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes, strained with juice reserved
- 25 grams (1/2 cup) fresh cilantro, including stems chopped
- 1/4 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 jalapeños, seeds removed for mild level of spice
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1-2 scallions (white and green parts), finely chopped
- Put the tomatoes, and all other ingredients except scallions, in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
- If you like a thinner consistency, add a little of the tomato juice and pulse to combine.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Pour into a serving bowl and stir in chopped scallions.