Rachel Ray’s (4 pounds or smaller chicken) http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/herbed-chicken-with-cauliflower-and-tomatoes/
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-lb. chicken
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 sprigs thyme, plus chopped fresh thyme for garnish
- 1 1-lb. head cauliflower, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 shallots, halved
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to *425 degrees . Place the chicken in a large cast-iron skillet. Rub with 1 tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper. Stuff 5 sprigs thyme in the cavity. Using kitchen twine, tie the legs together. Roast 25 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, tomatoes, shallots, and the remaining 5 sprigs thyme and 2 tbsp. oil; season.
- Arrange the vegetable mixture around the chicken. Roast, stirring the vegetables after 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is browned and tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken thigh registers 165 degrees , about 35 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Add the wine to the skillet and stir until reduced slightly, about 1 minute. Sprinkle the vegetables with the chopped thyme; serve with the chicken.