The juice from the tomatoes are an important factor in the dressing so I don’t recommend skipping the tomatoes.
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 1 pound)
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Salt and pepper
Put the romaine and tomatoes in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and allspice. Squeeze half a lemon directly over the salad and drizzle with a little oil. Taste and adjust to your preference.