Adapted from Food Network.
This is one of my favorite ways to prepare broccoli.
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (frozen works too)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil, garlic, and pepper flakes in a large skillet of medium heat until fragrant and garlic begins to brown, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in broccoli and cook until the broccoli is bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook about 3 to 5 minutes (or 5-7 if frozen).