- 1 (14-ounce) can organic garbanzo beans, drained with liquid reserved
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (depends on tartness of lemon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 treaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more for serving
- 3 tablespoons garbanzo bean canning liquid), more depending on how thin you like the hummus
- Chopped parsley, paprika, olive oil, and pita bread/chips for serving
- Drain the beans and reserve the canning liquid.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of canning liquid or water, until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley and top awith a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with warmed pita bread or pita chips.