- 1 (14-ounce) can organic garbanzo beans, drained with liquid reserved
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (depends on tartness of lemon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Pinch of cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more for serving
- 3 tablespoons “aquafaba” (garbanzo bean canning liquid), more if needed for thinning
- Parsley and paprika, for serving
- Drain the beans and reserve the aquafaba.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients
- Blend until smooth. Add about 3 tablespoons of canning liquid or water, or more until desired consistency is reached (preferences differ – I don’t like mine very thick).
- Sprinkle paprika and parsley on top and drizzle olive oil over the top. Serve with warmed pita bread or pita chips.