Simple Perfect Hummus
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained with liquid reserved
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (depends on tartness of lemon)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 treaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional), more for serving
- Garbanzo bean canning liquid (or water), as needed for thinning
- Chopped parsley, paprika, olive oil, and pita bread/chips for serving
- Drain the beans and reserve the canning liquid.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add canning liquid or water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley and top with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with warmed pita bread or pita chips.