Please note, this is a very rich, sweet dish that could easily pass as dessert!
- 2.5 pounds sweet potatoes or 2 (18oz) bags Trader Joe’s frozen mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup milk (evaporated milk works too)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (1/4 cup works well too)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 2 inch cubes. Cook in a pot of boiling, salted water for about 15 minutes or until tender. If using frozen sweet potatoes, cook according to package instructions.
- Add all the ingredients for the casserole to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into a greased 2 quart 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar, pecans, and salt in a bowl; add butter and, using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until large crumbles form.
- Mound crumble mixture over filling and dot with as many mini marshmallows as desired.
- Bake until the topping and marshmallows are browned, about 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Trader Joe’s only sells these around the holidays. Stock up!