Please note, this is a rich, sweet dish that could easily pass as dessert!
Adapted from 3 recipes: Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole, Saveur’s Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crumble, All Recipe’s Sweet Potato Casserole Dessert
- 2 bags Trader Joe’s frozen sweet potatoes (or 4.5 cups mashed sweet potatoes from approximately 5 lbs boiled or roasted sweet potatoes)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1/3 – 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the sweet potatoes according to package instructions.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, butter, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add 1/4 brown sugar and taste. Add more, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired sweetness. It should fall somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup.
- Taste for salt and add as needed.
- Spread mixture into a greased 2 quart pr 13x9x2 baking dish.
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar, pecans, and salt in a bowl; add butter and, using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture until large crumbles form.
- Mound crumble mixture over filling and dot with as many mini marshmallows as desired.
- Bake until the topping and marshmallows are browned, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.