Makes 4 servings: 130 calories – 6 grams fiber! – 6 grams protein!
- 1.5 cups milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (might need more sweetener if not served along with whipped cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream for serving.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir.
- Let it sit 5 minutes and stir again to break up any clumps that form. Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 3 hours. For a smooth pudding, put in a blender before refrigerating.
- If serving for dessert I like to add a bit of whipped cream and cacao nibs.
What to do with leftover pumpkin puree?: You’ll have just enough leftover in the can to make a loaf of Ultimate Pumpkin Bread, Healthy Pumpkin Oat Refrigerator Muffins, Pumpkin Pie Chia Seed Pudding, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, or GF Pumpkin Oat Pancakes.