Any bread will work for this recipe, but there’s something special about using a sourdough baguette. It’s crusty, hearty and toothsome, and the sourdough adds a wonderful dimension of flavor.
- French baguette, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup milk (anything but skim)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Mix all ingredients except the bread in a large bowl.
- Add the pieces of bread and let it sit, stirring occasionally, until all the batter is soaked up.
- Melt butter over medium high heat and cook until golden brown.