This is my friend, Niran’s wonderful recipe. Check out all of her amazing plant based recipes on Instagram at @niranfoodiegal.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 3 cups vegan chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350-F.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Flatten the dough onto a plate and cover with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to shape the cookies into 2.5 inch rounds.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool.
- In a double boiler, melt 3 cups of vegan chocolate. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon peppermint oil.
- Dip the cookies into the melted chocolate to fully coat.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the cookies to set.
- Place remaining melted chocolate into a piping bag (or use a ziplock with the corner cut out). Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cookie.
- Place in the refrigerator to set again for about 10 minutes.
- These are best stored in the refrigerator. They are a bit hard straight out of the fridge (my preference), but will soften up at room temperature.