Adapted from Alton Brown’s Granola
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts (my favorite is a mix of raw pumpkin seeds and raw sliced almonds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 275.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable oil, and salt until well combined.
- Add oats, nuts, and coconut and mix well.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and cook for 40 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after 20 minutes.