This delicious, hearty salad makes a satisfying meal in itself.
Adapted from Skinnytaste.com
- 1 bunch kale, center ribs removed, leaves shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small clove garlic, mashed, grated, or finely minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of red pepper flakes
This salad is also great with Almost Nonfat Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing or place in a jar and shake well.
- Shred the kale as finely as possible. Place in a salad bowl and gently massage the kale with your hands until it starts to break down.
- Add the quinoa, almonds, cranberries, parmesan, and dressing, and toss well to combine.
- Allow to sit 5 minutes and toss again.