Adapted from Amish Baked Oatmeal.
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Whisk in butter and milk. Stir in the oats and fold in the blueberries.
- Pour into a greased, 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Serve hot with cold milk poured over.
*To increase fiber – Use 2.5 cup oats, 1/4 cup oat bran, 2 T flax, 2 T wheat germ.