Adapted from Daliahskitchen.com
Delicious Lebanese Orange blossom pudding (Mahalabia) topped with simple syrup and ground pistachios. This is a popular Middle Eastern dessert. It’s low in fat and sugar (the way I make it) and totally addictive.
- 4 cups of milk (I use 1%)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup crushed pistachios
- Simple Syrup or Attar
- Whisk the cornstarch with a little water, then add it to the milk and bring everything to a boil in a small pot.
- Add the sugar, salt and rose water then simmer for a few minutes, until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into ramekins and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- To serve, sprinkle with crushed, raw pistachios, a drizzle of simple syrup (or Attar) and a light sprinkling of sea salt.