- 2 ripe bananas (or additional 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium zucchini (or apple or carrot)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 small, medium or large eggs
- 10 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Preheat oven to 400-F. Grease muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl smash bananas with a fork.
- Add pumpkin puree, zucchini, vanilla, brown sugar, and egg; Mix well.
- In a food processor, mix dates, oil, garbanzo beans, and milk. Add to the large mixing bowl.
- Place a sieve over the mixing bowl and sift in the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in oats, and nuts. Mix until combined.
- Bake for 18 minutes-22 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Note – these muffins are not very sweet. I find that baked goods that are low in sugar taste sweeter when cold, so I like to store these muffins in the fridge.