Click here for video.
- 85% lean ground beef (6 oz per person)
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Classic Burger Sauce
- Sourdough Hamburger Buns
- Butter lettuce
- Sliced onions
- Sliced tomato
- Cheddar Cheese
- Butter (for the buns)
- Break apart the meat into a pile of loose crumbles.
- Divide the meat into however many burgers you are making. They should be about 6 oz each – use a scale if you have one.
- Cut one piece of wax or parchment paper for every burger you will be making. It should be large enough to form the patties onto.
- Take a pile of meat and place it on the parchment paper. Gingerly press the meat together to form a patty, approximately 1/2 inch thick. Make sure not to add the salt until you are ready to cook – click here to see why.
- Place the patty/parchment square onto a sheet pan and store in the fridge for at least 20 minutes, and right up until ready to cook – no need to set the meat out to reach room temperature – click here to see why.
- Right before you are ready to cook, remove the patties and very generously salt the top of the burger with kosher salt and grind some freshly cracked pepper. I do not flip and season the bottom as well.