Original recipe found here.
When my son asked his Alexa gadget for a guacamole recipe, this is what it came up with. It turned out to be so delicious we decided it would be our go-to recipe. There is nothing particularly special about the ingredients used, but I find the proportions just right, and the guacamole comes out perfectly every time.
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1/2-1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced onion (I like white)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.