Adapted from Giada De Laurentis
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1 pound ground dark turkey meat
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 recipe for 3 Ingredient Simple Delicious Tomato Sauce
- Make tomato sauce.
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients for the meatballs except for the turkey and olive oil.
- Mix in the turkey. Shape the turkey mixture into 1 1/4-inch-diameter meatballs.
- To Bake: Place the meatballs on a baking sheet, spacing apart. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until cooked through, 15 minutes.
- To pan fry: Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the tomato sauce and simmer until the meatballs are heated through, about 10 minutes.