This is a simple, nutritions, one-pot meal the whole family enjoys.
Adapted from Smile Sandwich
- 1/2 head green cabbage, roughly shredded
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8oz can Tomato Sauce (preferably Hunts)
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1-2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Coat the bottom of a pot with olive oil. Over medium/high heat, m sauté the onion and the garlic until the onions become soft.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is completely browned.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the tomato sauce and water.
- Add the chopped cabbage; cover and simmer 40 minutes.